Winners of SPARKreators, the State Robotics Competition
First state competition in robotics ever in BiH was held today in Mostar under the name SPARKreators! More than 120 competitors and more than twice as many visitors gathered in the sports hall Bijeg Brijeg. What is this competition about?
SPARKreators is the project through which SPARK school donates mBot robots to elementary schools across BiH. We've already donated over 900 robots since 2016. By playing with these robots, children in elementary school can master math, computer science, physics, chemistry, technology, and engineering. In this way, we prepare them for so-called STEM occupations - occupations of the future.
As part of the project, a state competition was held on Friday, 24 May, in Mostar, within the European Maker Week, with the support of the Ministry of Economy of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton. Over 120 students from 62 elementary schools participated in the competition. They competed in two groups - younger and older, all who had the same task - to pass the path as much as precisely possible, using their mBot robots in the shortest possible time frame. These are the winners and their prizes sponsored by SPARK school and SYNC:
YOUNGER GROUP (1st to 5th grade)
OLDER GROUP (6th to 9th grade)
- place and UBTECH JIMU TankBot Kit went to Benjamin Idrizović, JU Osnovna škola “Suljo Čilić” Jablanica
- place and Makeblock Codey Rocky went to Sarah Pašalić, Osnovna škola Sokolje, Sarajevo
- place and mBot went to Leonardo Lučić, Osnovna škola “Kiseljak”
Besides supporting young roboticians in their competition, all visitors to this SPARK event could see our sponsor’s booths, or as we like to call them, reformers of education - NSoft and SYNC. Other reformers who supported the SPARKreatos state competition are Studio Joker, Fram žiral, Namex, Leda, BH Futures Foundation, STEMI, Feal, UNIS telekom, Bravo systems, O.Š. Silvija Strahimira Kranjčevića Mostar, Alba and Škutor.
“I am glad that SPARK school is the organizer of the first state competition in robotics in Bosnia and Herzegovina. These educational robots are perfect for brain development, creativity, and improvement of technical knowledge and skills in children, where happiness and joy on their faces are not lacking, as we have seen in today's competition,” SPARK school manager Matea Markić Vučić said after a successful event.
- place and STEMI Hexapod went to Renato Tony Đogić, Osnovna škola " Fadil Bilal" Šumatac, Velika Kladuša
- place and Makeblock Airblock went to Adnan Muradbegović, Osnovna škola "Safvet-beg Bašagić", Sarajevo
- place and mBot Starter robot kit went to Luka Grgić, Osnovna škola Ivane Brlić Mažuranić, Ljubuški